Chord accompaniment in french

From: Jean-Baptiste, Anne-Laure et Cie
Subject: Chord accompaniment in french
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:18:50 +0200

First, congratulations for your program. I used Music Time Deluxe (under
Windows) before, and I find yours much better, althought I use Lilypond only
for a month.

I'm using Lilypond 1.4.2 under Mandrake Linux 8.1 (and soon 9.1).

But I'm dealing with this problem : I'd like the chord accompaniment to appear
with the french (or the italian) name, i.e. Do, Ré, Mi, Fa Sol, La, Si,
instead of C, D, E, F, G, A, B. The only solution I see is to define a
\Lyrics and place it above the score .. is it right ?

Thank you,
Jean-Baptiste Gailliez