Ask for permission to translate/publish your article to Chinese

From: marvin
Subject: Ask for permission to translate/publish your article to Chinese
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:24:08 -0700

Dear Webmaster,

We've read an article subjected INSTALL - compiling and installing GNU LilyPond from your website (http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/topdocs/out-www/INSTALL.html#TOC0), that we think is very useful for Hong Kong users. We hope to have your permission to translate/publish the article into Chinese and place it in our resources centre for public access.

Our name is Hong Kong Linux Player Group. We are a non-profit making organization, aiming at promoting Linux operating system and open source development programs for local people.

Recently, we're going to set up a Linux Resources Centre, which is sponsored by the Trade and Industry Department of HKSAR Government. There will be rich resources and references about Linux, including books, demo machines, articles, etc. In order to make people easier to access and learn more about Linux, we plan to have some localised materials in our resouces centre.

We believe that your support will contribute a lot in helping the promotion of Linux. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Hong Kong Linux Player Group