multi-measure rest markup one more time

From: David Bobroff
Subject: multi-measure rest markup one more time
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:45:58 +0000

>address@hidden writes:
>>
>>    R1*10_\markup{\roman "Tacet"}^\markup{"10"}
>>
>> which doesn't work.  My experimenting leads me to believe that unlike
>> normal notes, which can have multiple scripts, only the first script is
>> used by multi-measure rests.  So I cannot have text above AND below the
>> staff.
>
>Yes, this is correct.  I'll see if I can do something about this. If
>it's really urgent, you could try something with extra-offset and
>

>     above-text
>
>      lots of space
>
>     below-text.

I've just now gotten lily 1.7.15 running and was trying out the markup
abilities over multimeasure rests.  I was surprised to see that the number
of bars rest disappeared.  The above posts would seem to explain it,
though.  I think I'd need to put the number of measures below the staff and
the tempo marking above.  Do I need to specify the default font for
measures rest?  If so, what is it called?

-David Bobroff
The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating system
and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.