Re: Artificial flageolet

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: Re: Artificial flageolet
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:48:00 -0600

Martin Monerjan wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> is there any possibility to set artificial flageolets in Lily? I.e. a
> chord with one "normal" notehead and another diamond-shaped one?

Have you tried using multiple voices instead of chords?

In Lilypond 1.7, chords have a more universal syntax (which I really like)
but it appears you can not affect individual notes (which causes some
problems for me).

> And while I'm at it: How can I tell Lily to print the tempo of a piece,
> i.e. something like Adagio, Grave, Allegro etc. right Above the first
> measure ^"text" ist not what I#m looking for, because this prints the
> text too far right, and I would rather like to have it directly above
> the key. \key^"test" or similar does not work, obviously :)

You can adjust the position of the text with

\property Voice.TextScript \override #'extra-offset = #'( a . b )
\property Voice.TextScript \revert    #'extra-offset

or use the \once operator.  I think ( a . b ) is horizontal, then
vertical.  Movement is in staff-space distance.

Hope this helps.
/Hans