CVS2

From: David Bobroff
Subject: CVS2
Date: 10 Apr 2003 18:28:08 +0000

        On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 17:18, Alexandre Beneteau wrote:

        > You have to do ./autogen.sh (it will generate configure and
        run it for you)

        Thanks, worked like a charm!

        > > What steps do I need to take when compiling a "latest CVS"?
        Should I
        > > clean out the fonts from the earlier compile, for example?
        > >

        > It depends if the fonts change... (Assuming yes is a good
        choice).

        Understood.

        > Savannah permits to dowload the entire lilypond dir as a
        tarball, if you
        > prefer not use the cvs program...

        Oh, I don't mind using CVS. It saves a bit of time when updating
        as
        opposed to downloading the entire thing again.  I just want to
        be sure
        I've got the right commands/options when updating.

        > As you, I use CVS version yesterday and today, (I need the fix
        for the
        >   \property Staff.MultiMeasureRest), but noticed that multi
        measure rest
        > seems to be broken (numbers don't print))... Have you the same
        problem ???

        Well, I just got the CVS version compiled and ran it on a test
        file.  As
        you have found, it is necessary to add the numbers "manually".
        This is
        fine by me as I need to put the number of the measures rest
        below the
        staff anyway (how do I set this globally for a piece?) or it
        looks silly
        with the numbers *and* the markings above.  I'll have to figure
        out the
        font normally used for measures rest.

        For example:

        \score{

        \notes{ \property Score.skipBars = ##t

        R1*11&\markup {\italic "some text"}_"10"

        Is almost what I want.  The only thing I have to change is the
        font for
        the "10"

        -David Bobroff