Re: LilyPond 1.6.8

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: LilyPond 1.6.8
Date: 17 Apr 2003 11:51:05 -0400

    Jan> [Make sure you have the necessary development packages:

    Jan>      # apt-get install binutils cpp gcc libc6-dev g++ \
    Jan>           libstdc++2.10-dev python libguile-dev tetex-bin \
    Jan>           libkpathsea-dev tetex-extra flex bison texinfo groff gs \
    Jan>           netpbm m4 gettext gpg fakeroot mftrace devscripts

    Jan>  hope that's correct for woody]

I wasn't able to find mftrace for woody.  Is there some special place
to look?

There seems to be pgp instead of gpg.  And I still have some kind of
warning about the signature.

I also needed to install:

        groff pktrace  pfaedit  autotrace t1utils bibtex2html python-dev

    Jan> Then unpack, and build it:

    Jan>     $ tar xzf lilypond-1.6.8.tar.gz
    Jan>     $ cd lilypond-1.6.8
    Jan>     ... edit debian/changelog, adding new release entry ...
    Jan>     $ debuild -r fakeroot

    >> and would it make sense for me to let someone know
    >> I'd done that so they could put it in the publicly available area?

    Jan> Yes, make sure to sign your package (debuild will ask you).

OK, I've built 1.6.9 -- it's at
http://serpent.laymusic.org/~lconrad/lilypond/lilypond_1.6.9-1_i386.deb

As I said, there's some warning message about the signature; I'll try
to get that fixed next time.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139