Re: Multi measure rests

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Multi measure rests
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 15:13:44 -0700

Alan Lakin wrote:

Lilypond 1.7.9 Mandrake 9.0 rpm

I have successfully used

\property Score.skipBars = ##t

and inserted R1*2 into a clarinet part and it works fine. However, when I create the score two extra empty bars are inserted in the clarinet part resulting in the part being two bars longer than it should be. Is there something I have missed that I need to do when building the score?

Also, it just so happens that I need to use \markup at this point. The \markup works fine when attached to r but not R. Is this correct?

Many thanks.

The best way some of us can help is if you post a simple example showing the problem.

Paul Scott