\markup problem

From: David Bobroff
Subject: \markup problem
Date: 03 May 2003 15:56:00 +0000

Following Mats' advice I found the settings to control global distances
from the staff for \markup texts.  It was working fine except for
instances of the word "Allegro".  It was sitting higher than the other
markings.  After experimenting with it I discovered that it was
specifically the letter 'g' which caused the the baseline of the text to
be raised.  I also tried 'j' and 'q' and got the same result.  It
appears that Lilypond is having trouble with descenders.

-David Bobroff

1.7.18