Re: MIDI keyboard to Lilypond realtime converter

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: MIDI keyboard to Lilypond realtime converter
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 17:40:36 -0700

On Sat, 03 May 2003 23:25:35 +0200
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > I put together (class project) a small utility called Rumor, for
> > playing keyboard and getting lilypond (including rhythm). Extract
> > from its homepage
> > http://klobouk.fsv.cvut.cz/~xsmilauv/rumor/index.html follows. At
> > this page, you will also find screenshots, sources and
> > documentation.
>
> Sounds quite interesting.  I'll have to see again if I can get my
> electronic piano produce sensible MIDI output.
>
> Has anybody tried this?  Should we advertise this software?

I've tried it a few times, and I'm sending sosme bug reports back to
Vaclav.  Rumour is currently at version 0.92; I'd wait until version
1.0 until advertising it.  But it's certainly worth playing around
with and sending feedback -- I can imagine this becoming quite useful
in a few weeks.

Cheers,
- Graham