Re: double meters

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: double meters
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 13:34:50 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> On Fri, 02 May 2003 10:45:07 +0200
> Taco Walstra <address@hidden> wrote:
> > How can I get a double time on a staff, i.e. I need something like:
> >  \time 3/4 \time 3/2
> > including a correct handling of the bars (eventually manual).
> > Is this possible?
>
> I don't think so (but I could be wrong!), but you can fake it like this:
>
> % this displays the two time signatures
> \time 3/4 \partial 32 s32 \time 3/2
>
> % this makes Lilypond stop counting time
> \cadenzaOn
>
> c4 c c \bar "|"
> d2 d d \bar "|"
> c4 c c \bar "|"
> d2 d d \bar "|"
>
> \cadenzaOff \bar "|."

in 1.7 we have an example that demonstrates double time signatures,
input/test/time-signature-double/ .

I would combine it with a \time 9/4 (for 3/4 + 6/4), and put in a
manual barlines like this

  { s2. \repeat unfold 10 { \bar "|" \skip 4*9 } }

perhaps you could also use a different barline to distinguish between
3/4 -> 6/4 bars and 6/4 -> 3/4 bars.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen