Figured bass spacing problem

From: Mark Hymers
Subject: Figured bass spacing problem
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 19:25:29 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to typeset some figures bass:

Here's an example:

bassH = \figures
{
\skipHBass
r2.
<_+>4 <_+> <_+>
r2.
r2.
r2.
r2 <6>4
r2.
<_+>4 <_+> <_+>
r2.
<_+>4 <_+> <_+>
r2.
r2.
r2 <6>4
<_-> <_-> <_- 6>
<_+>4 <_+> <_+>
r2.
}

\skipHBass simply skips to the relevant part of the score.

The problem is that when I'm trying to display an accidental without a
number it doesn't line up properly.

So, for example (#=sharp, b=flat !=natural):

4#

instead of
4#

This is a big problem when only displaying a # sign as it doesn't line
up with the note above it.  I notice from
http://www.lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Figured-bass.html#Figured%20bass
that it seems to work (the natural sign in the <_! 3+ 5-> lines up
perfectly there.  I'm using 1.7.17 - is the behaviour known to be broken
in this release?

Thanks,

Mark

"I'm so gorgeous, there's a six month waiting list for birds to suddenly
 appear, every time I am near!"
     Cat, Red Dwarf Series VIII - Back in the Red