Re: Font problem when upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.6.8-2; (Cygwin)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Font problem when upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.6.8-2; (Cygwin)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:44:43 +0200

I just tried to reinstall the whole cygwin environment from scratch
to try to repeat this problem.

It turns out to be a problem not in the lilypond package itself but
in the tetex-tiny package. As a workaround, you could rerun the
setup.exe file and add the package tetex-bin to the installation.
Unfortunately, the package is very large so I hope you don't connect
to internet using a phone modem.

I have not investigated fully what is wrong in tetex-tiny, but it
is somehow related to the font cmr8. The following test illustrates
the problem clearly:
tex testfont
  font to test: cmr8
  Commands: \table \bye
dvips testfont

When run with tetex-tiny, you get the courier font in the table
whereas you get the correct computer modern font with tetex-bin.

   /Mats

Joel McNary wrote:
For approximately a year I was happily using Lilypond version 1.4.? (not sure exactly which one...) However, my computer then crashed and I had to reinstall everything. I installed the latest binary distribution (1.6.8-2) for Cygwin, and now my lyrics print using a typewriter-font instead of the "pretty" font. I've tried all sorts of things but cannot seem to get it to display/print in the old font again. I've searched for anything relating to this problem, but cannot seem to find anything on-line. Does anybody have any ideas what I need to do?

Thanks for your help,

Joel McNary

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing