Re: font problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: font problem
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:45:53 +0200

This is completely normal and is due to limitations in the DVI
previewers. The beams, slurs and several other constructs in the
scores are printed using inline Postscript code that the DVI
previewers are not able to show correctly. The main thing is that
the PS, PDF and printed output is correct, right?

   /Mats

Jan Kohnert wrote:
I finally upgraded to lilypond-1.6.9 and so far all works fine. But if there is a beam over two notes it isn't printed if I open the file with kdvi (kde-3.1.0). When I open it with xdvi or use dvips and then look on the ps-File the beams are there. Also with the screen-lense-function of xdvi the bems are invisible. Is it a problem with my tex-installation (3.14159, kpathsea-3.3.7) or could it be something else? I put lilypond-dir in texmf.cnf and ran texhash, so that the fonts are readable by lilypond (I also tried tex testfont) and also used the clean-fonts-script.
So I finally don't know where else to search the error.

Regards Jan Kohnert

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems