Re: \override fix

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \override fix
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:15:19 +0200

There is no direct such property at the moment, as far as I know, but
when Lilypond determined the line breaking, it tries to find the best
way to give bars with "normal" spacing and after the line break is
determined, the bars on the line are stretched out or squeezed together
to fit in the line. If you set a limit on how much to stretch out the
multimeasure rests, it means that the remaining measures on the same
line have to be even more stretched out.

Could you please send an example to illustrate exactly what situations
you have in mind.

   /Mats

Paul Scott wrote:
David Bobroff wrote:

Works fine when I correct the typo above: MultimeasureRest -> MultiMeasureRest

Thanks, Paul.  I just didn't see it.  Also, thanks for the metronome
fixes.

You're welcome. Minimum width is a good thing to know about. Does anyone know if it is possible to set the maximum size for a MultiMeasureRest. I frequently get MMR's that are too big for my taste. I think I'm understanding the documentation better and I didn't see this property.

TIA,

Paul

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing