"\translator Staff" and "\autochange Staff"

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: "\translator Staff" and "\autochange Staff"
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:25:56 +0200

Hi

The following lily fragment gives me trouble:

-- begin lily ---
RH = \notes \relative c \autochange Staff \context Voice = RH {
    \voiceOne
    \translator Staff = down
    | c b a g f e <d f> <c e>
    \translator Staff = up
}

LH = \notes  \relative c \context Voice = LH {
    \voiceTwo
    | c8 d e f g a b c | c d e f g a b c
    | c b a g f e d c | c b a g f e d c
}

\score {
    \context PianoStaff
    \notes <
        \context Staff = "up" <
            \RH

        \context Staff = "down" <
            \clef bass
            \LH

}
--- end lily ---

The right RH is set to "\autochange Staff", but although the
"\translator Staff = down" indeed throws all notes in bar 3 to the lover
staff the "\translator Staff = up" doesn't force the notes to the upper
staff.

What am I doing wrong?

--
peace, love & harmony