installing lilypond on macosx with Gerben Wierda's TeX distribution

From: Anthony Mosakowski
Subject: installing lilypond on macosx with Gerben Wierda's TeX distribution
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:57:15 -0400

I am not a Lilypond user as yet, but I would like to try it out. I'm running 10.2.6 on various newer macs. I use TeXShop with Gerben Wierda's TeX distribution installed by his i-installer and I keep the version of TeX up to date. I also have Ghostrcript 7 already installed. So, I have a few questions:

- What is the most pain-free way to install Lilypond on top of my current setup? I have developer tools installed, so I could compile it from source, but I'd need a little guidance on how to do it. I do have some Terminal experience, and I've compiled and installed a couple of things, but I don't quite understand the steps described in the Lilypond how-to-install doc.

- Would it be possible to make a package of Lilypond that would work with GW's i-Installer app? If so this should be a very easy way to install it for mac users. If anyone knows anyone who might be able to do this, please pass along the hint.

Thanks.

Anthony
--
"Music is a good thing..."