Re: using lilypond tab for French lute tab

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: using lilypond tab for French lute tab
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 17:54:46 +0200

Laura Conrad wrote:

    Rune> No, it explicitly denies note-heads between the strings - that is not
    Rune> the same :-)

I think what it denies is that there can be a tab on the "space".

No it does not. In my previous mail (the one you replied to!) I posted an example of how to put notes in the spaces. Just tell the engraver to use 7 strings. With 6 lines of staff and 7 strings on the lute that results in the strings being inbetween the lines.

I'm not trying to change that; I just want to change the way a letter
associated with a line is printed.  Which is what Jan's extra-offset
suggestion accomplishes.

Yep, but that is an uggly hack. Further more this would also make it impoissble to use the 7th string.

    >> so you'll have to use LilyPond's \override mechanism with extra-offset.

    Rune> No. :-)

Why not?

Because, as I wrote before, there are cleaner ways to accomplish the same.

-Rune