more stupid questions

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: more stupid questions
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 21:16:10 +0200

I'm back :-)

This time I've been trying to figure out how to use lilys chordmode.

1) I want "Em/G", but e4.:m/+g gives me something like

  /
Em

although a bit exagerated in the Fine Ascii Art (tm) I would rather
expect the bass note to be lowered instead of raised. Bug or feature?
e4.:m/g simply gives me the same but now without the "m" for minor! That
must be a bug, right?

2) I'd like to be able to have the bassnote printed in lowercase instead
of uppercase. Possible? If so is it a question of hacking
chord-name.scm?

3) I'm Danish. In this strange country we write "H" when everybody else
writes "B". So how do I get "B" in chordnames?

4) slightly related to 1) it seems that modifiers gets swallowed by
inversions. So e:7/d prints "E/D" and not "E7/D".

5) I get some
warning: can't find ascii character: 248
warning: can't find ascii character: 229
warning: can't find ascii character: 248
warning: can't find ascii character: 248
warning: can't find ascii character: 248
warning: can't find ascii character: 229
warning: can't find ascii character: 248
warning: can't find ascii character: 230
warning: can't find ascii character: 230
Is this caused by me using æ (ae), ø (slashed o), å (circle over a) and
ü (two dots over u)? The output looks fine in xdvi, should I simply
ignore the warnings?

This is all using 1.6.9. I must admit it either I simply don't get it or
chords are quite broken in 1.6.9. Is this better in more current
versions? Is it possible to just merge the changed definitions from a
newer verison with my 1.6.9 (hate to compile, and 1.6.9 is the newest in
debian), for instance by replacing chord-name.scm?

Thanks in advance...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte