Cygwin+XEmacs+Bash+TeX+XP

From: Nigel Warner
Subject: Cygwin+XEmacs+Bash+TeX+XP
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:23:20 +0100

Dear All,

        Firstly Lilypond works just fine from a Cygwin window using the
     MS-Windows distribution 1.6.8. I have managed to get the native
     version of Xemacs to use the bash shell as a internal shell in a
     buffer but, although lilypond-book works LaTeX does not. I have
     pared my path down to the bare minimum as under. Does anyone have
     any bright ideas as to how I can get this to work ?.

         I have decided that since I am going to move to Linux full time
     in the near future I had best become familiar with XEmacs (XEmacs
     because I need big fat proportional fonts and I don't really want
     to run an X server) and it would be nice not to have to leave the
     editor.

     Error message under as appearing in XEmacs.

(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/misc/geometry.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/config/geometry.cfg)) (./lug.aux)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/ot1pnc.fd) (./lily-1802792644.tex
! I can't find file `lilyponddefs'.
l.29   \input lilyponddefs

Please type another input file name:
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/tools/.tex File ignored)
! Undefined control sequence.
l.31 \outputscale
                  = \lilypondpaperoutputscale\lilypondpaperunit
? x
No pages of output.
Transcript written on lug.log.
Failed to process through LaTeX