Re: installation woes on OpenBSD

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: installation woes on OpenBSD
Date: 17 Jun 2003 12:48:49 +0200

Arvid Grøtting <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, and thanks for wonderful software.

Thanks.

> I'm trying to compile and install Lilypond 1.6.9 on OpenBSD 3.3, but I
> can't seem to get past the ./configure stage.  I get the following
> error:
>
> ERROR: Please install required programs:  python.h (python-devel, python-dev
> or libpython-dev package)

It looks like this message is misguiding you a bit.  If you look at
the checks that configure does, you'll notice that you need Python.h

> Of course, I do have Python installed, recently built from source
> using the ports system

If you installed python in a non-standard* prefix, you must help
configure by doing something like

   CPPFLAGS='-I /opt/python/include' ./configure

see INSTALL.txt.  You may want to report a bug against the gcc or
python package; if you install python, I think that gcc should find
the header file.

Good luck,
Jan.