Re: how to include various ascii characters (like: !) in the text?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: how to include various ascii characters (like: !) in the text?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:02:31 +0200

If you want ASCII character 214, you just need a text editor that
enables you to input that ASCII value as a character.
In Emacs, for example, type
CTRL-Q 3 2 6 RETURN
(since 326 is octal for 214). If you have a German or nordic
keyboard, you can also press Ö, since it has character code 214 in
the Latin 1 encoding. If you have a Cyrillic keyboard, I'm sure you
can just press the desired key directly unless your editor plays
some funny games.

To set the font, you'll have to say something like:
\property Lyrics . LyricText \override #'font-name = #"wncyr10"

  /Mats