Re: Title fonts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Title fonts
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:42:36 +0200

Now I spent some time learning more about the font selection
methods in LaTeX and found out a better solution to your problems.

Some basics: If you want a LaTeX document with mixed cyrillic and
latin letters, you could start with something like:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\usepackage[OT2,OT1]{fontenc}

\begin{document}

This tells LaTeX to load the font definitions for both the OT1 (latin)
and OT2 (cyrillic) encoding and use the latin one as default.
When you want to change to cyrillic, simply say
\fontencoding{OT2}\selectfont

When it comes to Lilypond, it's unfortunately impossible at the
moment to include the above mention \usepackage command with the
correct options using ly2dvi, without hacking the ly2dvi program.
However, it's easy to do if you use lilypond-book instead.

Do as following:

- Keep the .ly file as it is, just change the titling commands to
    title="Wo Loezjag \fontencoding{OT2}\selectfont Vo Luzah"
  and use "wnr10" instead of "wncyr10" as the font-name argument.

- Create a wrapper LaTeX document called, say, mywrapper.lytex
  containing:
--------------
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\usepackage[OT2,OT1]{fontenc}
\input{lilyponddefs.tex}
\input titledefs.tex

\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{abcd}

\begin{document}

\lilypondfile{myscore.ly}

\end{document}
----------------------

- Run 'lilypond-book mywrapper.lytex'

- Run 'latex mywrapper.tex'

Now you hopefully have a .dvi file that looks as you wish.

   /Mats

ario wrote:
ROb, if I do
\header {
.
.
  title="Wo Loezjag / \font\myfont=wncyr10\myfont {\huge Vo Luzah}"
.
.
}
then it prints the title in fonetics as well as in cyrillic, so that
works.
However, if I want to insert an ascii code, as \char31, like
  title="Wo Loezjag / \font\myfont=wncyr10\myfont {\huge Vo Luzah
\char31}"

then this character is taken from the normal font, not the cyrillic...

what a pity,
arie