Re: partcombine for more than two parts?

From: Jeremy
Subject: Re: partcombine for more than two parts?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:35:04 +0200

NP>   Does anyone know if it's possible to combine more than two voices with
NP> \partcombine (or something else :-)?  I'd like to be able to print, say, a
NP> single staff containing all four trumpet parts so I can easily see the
NP> chord voicings, and also be able to print the individual parts from the
NP> same input file.

Just use the < and > to indicate simultaneous voices.

voiceI = \context Voice \notes {
       blah
}

anotherVoice = \context Voice \notes {
       blah blah
}

mostEloquentVoice = \context Voice \notes {
       uh
}

myStaffWithThreeVoices = \context Staff < \voiceI \anotherVoice
                               \mostEloquentVoice

Also, if you want to have a file with all the voices, and another file
that combines it, just include the file with the voices:

\include "fileInWhichIDeclaredThoseThreeVoices.ly"

--
Jeremy