Re: Re[4]: Soon 1.8 release?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Re[4]: Soon 1.8 release?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:54:31 -0700

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:50:40 +0200
Jeremy <address@hidden> wrote:
> GP> What version are you using?  I just tested it on a CVS version
> from 1.7.20, GP> and it worked.  The grace notes appear at the
> beginning of the next bar, GP> instead of at the end of their proper
> bar, but it _does_ compile.
>
> On the current stable version, it did not compile. But from what

Most (maybe all?) of the bugfixes for the past couple of months have
been going into 1.7 instead of 1.6, so I'm not too surprised.

> you're telling me, the result in 1.7.20 isn't much better anyway. I'm
> going crazy about not being able to put graces at the end of bars,
> because I'm copying a lot of 18th century music, where it is sooo very
> recurrent, that it's a pain in my round one.

You can fake it with spacer rests.  (I'm getting quite famous at faking
this with spaces! )

d4 e f e \grace{e16 f g} \partial 64 s64 |

Since the grace note isn't at the end of the bar, it should work.  Of
course, it's ugly and you shouldn't need to do it.

Cheers,
- Graham