Re: partcombine doesn't work with 'clashing notecolumns'

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: partcombine doesn't work with 'clashing notecolumns'
Date: 24 Jun 2003 20:46:05 +0200

arie-lily <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried to put double voices on some staffs with \partcombine but the
> second staff doesn't work. The interpreter complains as follows:

The names of Voice and threads should start with "one" and "two".

Try this:
global = {
    \notes {
        \time 4/4
        \key f \major

musicAltOne = \notes \relative c'' {
    \repeat unfold 6 r1
    bes8\p \repeat unfold 7 bes8
    \repeat unfold 8 a8
}

musicAltTwo = \notes \relative c'' {
    \repeat unfold 6 r1
    g8\p \repeat unfold 7 g8
    \repeat unfold 8 f8
}

musicTenOne = \notes \relative c'' {
    r1 r1 r1 r1
    c8->^\p r8 r4 r2
    c8-> r8 r4 r2
    d8-\p r8 r4 r4 d8 r8
    c8 r8 r4 r4 c8 r8
}

musicTenTwo = \notes \relative c'' {
    r1 r1 r1 r1
    bes8 r8 r4 r2
    a8 r8 r4 r2
    bes8 r8 r4 r4 bes8 r8
    a8 r8 r4 r4 a8 r8
}

wordsAltFo = \lyrics {
    Po -- pid ti -- nom bi -- zjitj ma -- ti,
    swo -- joe do -- tsjkoe pe -- rej -- ma -- ti.
}

wordsTenFo = \lyrics {
    Oj! Oj!
    doeb, doeb, doeb, doeb, doeb, doeb,
}

\score {
    \context StaffGroup <
        \context Staff = staffAlt {
            \addlyrics
            \context Voice = one {
                \global
                \partcombine Voice
                \context Thread = one \musicAltOne
                \context Thread = two \musicAltTwo
            }
            \context Lyrics = wordsAltFo { \wordsAltFo }
        }
        \context Staff = staffTen {
            \addlyrics
            \context Voice = one {
                \global
                \partcombine Voice
                \context Thread = one \musicTenOne
                \context Thread = two \musicTenTwo
            }
            \context Lyrics = wordsTenFo { \wordsTenFo }