Re: hebrew lyrics lilypond!!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: hebrew lyrics lilypond!!
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:02:10 +0200

It would actually help if you provided more complete examples of
what you tried to do. If the example you show below is what you
typed in the lyrics section, I fully understand why nothing works.

First of all, you have to realize that the syllables are separated by blanks.
If you want to include a space or any special character such as curly
braces in a syllable you have to add double quotes around the full
syllable. Thus, you probably want

mylyricsline = \lyrics{ "\\R{\\hebalef}" ... }

which should result in a \hbox{\R{\hebalef}} command in the generated
TeX file.

  /Mats

Aaron wrote:

HM??
It is doubled.
\\R { "\\hebalef" }
There is an error in  the log file which complains about undefined
control sequence.

What I need is someone else on the list to who could try this out as
well. I am getting the feeling that either I am just consistantly doing
something wrong or there is a bug in lilypond-book or ???

Aaron