Re: Mailing list settings

From: Paul Scott
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:27:54 -0700

Jan Kohnert wrote:

What I ment was:
I get on this E-Mail adress three lists (our physics list, the scigraphica-list and lily) and as I'm using KMail I see the subject, sender and date while looking through the list of mails on this adress. And I thought it would be easier just to look at the subject and you know the origin of the mail. So you could also better sort the mails. But I found a filter that could rewrite the header of the mail so that it fits my needs.
If anyone is interested I can post my solution if I found it.

Filters do this automatically. If you haven't used filters it's worth your while.to learn. I use a seperate mail folder for each listserve I am subscribed to. Filters can filter by most e-mail properties which is necessary for the many different styles of listserves that exist. I would think KMail has this but if it doesn't it's time for a better e-mail client.

Paul Scott