Re: Mailing list settings

From: Graham Percival
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:56:24 -0700

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:27:54 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jan Kohnert wrote:
> >What I ment was:
> >I get on this E-Mail adress three lists (our physics list, the
> >scigraphica-list and lily) and as I'm using KMail I see the subject, sender
> >and date while looking through the list of mails on this adress. And I
>
> Filters do this automatically.  If you haven't used filters it's worth
> your while.to learn.  I use a seperate mail folder for each listserve I
> am subscribed to.  Filters can filter by most e-mail properties which is
> necessary for the many different styles of listserves that exist.  I
> would think KMail has this but if it doesn't it's time for a better
> e-mail client.

Kmail can do it:
http://kmail.kde.org/features.html

I haven't used Kmail recently, but I imagine it's something like this:
1)  Create a "lilypond" folder.
2)  Go in to the "filter" menu.  Set it up so that all mail with certain
properties goes into the lilypond folder.
3)  Do the same for your other mailing lists.  Enjoy!

Cheers,
- Graham