Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:48:25 +0200

>> > what you probably would want is to set the extent of the
>> > object
>>
>> Is not it possible to temporarily redefine the function text
>> in scm/tex.scm?  Or rather, substitute it somehow?  I do not
>> know which scope it is invoked in...
>
> No. scm/tex.scm does not report the width of the text.

That is exactly the point.  I do not care about the width of
the text, let Lilypond compute it the way she likes.  I just
do not want my LaTeX stuff taken into account (presumably
wrongly).  Put differently, the munging should happen as the
last step before the TeX output is written.  Horizontal
spacing is not left to TeX, is it?
                                                Feri.