Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:06:30 +0200

Aaron <address@hidden> writes:

> Interpreting music...warning: can't find ascii character: 224
> warning: can't find ascii character: 224

I guess this is normal.  Is it?  Did it work like this
previously?

> Calculating column positions... programming error: No
> StaffSpacing wishes found (Continuing; cross thumbs)

Is not it caused by having only one syllabe?  But it is kind
of a Lilypond internal error, as it seems...

> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> ...scale \magfontSZXAComMMBo \hbox {\R
>                                                   {א}}
> l.74 }
>       %
> The control sequence at the end of the top line

This is clearly from the missing hebrew option.  But you
sent me two outputs, which I do not understand.

> % I factored out the lyrics, and also tried setting
> % the extra-offset property randomly.  It works.
> lyr = \lyrics {
>     א
>     %\property LyricsVoice . LyricText \override #'extra-offset = #'(5 .
> 0)
>     %ta
>     %\property LyricsVoice . LyricText \revert #'extra-offset
>     %damm
> }
> [...]
>     \context Lyrics < \lyr \apply #(text-augment "\\R{" "}") \lyr >

You can put a single line of lyrics back here, like eg.
      \context Lyrics \apply #(text-augment "\\R{" "}") \lyrics {
        tra la la
      }

Basically: start from a working version, then introduce new
concepts sequentally, one at a time.  But \R needs Hebrew
Babel, so substitute something harmless meanwhile.
                                                     Feri.