Fwd: Re: Problem with Chord Names

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Fwd: Re: Problem with Chord Names
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 23:47:00 +0200

Subject: Re: Problem with Chord Names
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 22:07:55 +0200
From: Amelie Zapf <address@hidden>
To: Rick Sutphin <address@hidden>

Hi Rick,

> I would like to be able to print chord names above the rhythm guitar
> part, and the piano part with slash notation indicating what rhythm to
> play. I would also like to be able to print chords above solo sections
> of any other instrument.

Make the chords available outside of staff contexts. Like, say, this (just a
random example I have lying around).

Regards,

Amy

\score {
<
        \context ChordNames {
         \property ChordNames.ChordName
         \override #'style = #'jazz \sequence}

        \context ChoirStaff \notes <
                <
                        \context Staff = "Guitar" <
                                \property Staff.instrument = "Guitar"
                                \property Staff.instr = ""
                                \time 4/4
                                \clef "G_8"
                                \key bf \major
                                \context Voice \guitar

                <
                        \context Staff = "Keyboards" <
                                \property Staff.instrument = "Keyboards"
                                \property Staff.instr = ""
                                \time 4/4
                                \key bf \major
                                \clef treble
                                \context Voice \keys

                <
                        \context Staff = "Bass/Drums" <
                                \property Staff.instrument = "Bass/Drums"
                                \property Staff.instr = ""
                                \time 4/4
                                \key bf \major
                                \clef bass
                                \context Voice = drumVoice { \voiceOne \drums
}
                                \context Voice = bassVoice { \voiceTwo \bass
 }

        \midi { \tempo 8=108}
        \paper {
                linewidth = 15.0 \cm