pdftex doesn't work

From: Arne Bosien
Subject: pdftex doesn't work
Date: 07 Jul 2003 18:00:40 +0200

Hello,

I am quite new to lilypond, but as far as I explored it, I like it.
But now I have a problem. I took the source code from the lilypond
tutorial

------------------- CODE -------------------
\score {
  \notes {
     \time 3/4
     \clef bass
     c2 e4 g2.
     f4 e d c2.
  }
  \paper { }
}
------------------- CODE -------------------

saved it to "t.ly" and invoked "ly2dvi --pdftex t.ly". And this is what
it said:

------------------- Output -------------------
Running LilyPond...
GNU LilyPond 1.6.9
Now processing: `t.ly'
Verarbeite...
Interpretiere die Noten...[5]
Verarbeite Element vor...
Berechne Position der Spalten... [3][5]
paper output to `t.pdftex'...

Analyzing t.pdftex...
Running LaTeX...
ly2dvi:Fehler: LaTeX failed on the output file.

ly2dvi:Fehler: The error log is as follows:

! File ended while scanning use of \lybox.
<inserted text>
                \par
l.15 \input t.pdftex

I suspect you have forgotten a `}', causing me
to read past where you wante
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 1099, in ?
    run_latex (files, outbase, extra_init)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 777, in run_latex
    raise 'LaTeX error'
LaTeX error

I have read that the pdftex option is still under development or isn't
it working at all? Or is it a problem on my side?
The normal ly2dvi works fine. I also can do a "ly2dvi -k t.ly" and a
"pdflatex t.latex" from the ly2dvi directory and get a good looking pdf
file.

Hope you can help.
--
 Arne Bosien <address@hidden>