Re: Source transposition

From: Antonio Palama
Subject: Re: Source transposition
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:52:21 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Of course, you can always use lilypond's \transpose feature, run
lilypond and midi2ly to import the transposed score.
I am afraid this doesn't work; I would like to preserve all the comments and the general structure of the source file and, in any case, my experience with midi2ly has been very frustrating up to now.
Try
example-1.ly -> example-1.midi -> example-1-midi.ly
or
foo.midi -> foo.ly -> foo.midi with a simple midi file
and you will see what I mean.

The lilypond input langage is specified in parser.yy.
Yes, thank you, I got hold of lexer.ll and parser.yy; let me study the problem before I make additional comments.

Btw, where did
you find the name 'Mudela'?  We have not been using that name for
years.
I've been using Lilypond since 1999 or even before, I don't remember the exact date. It sticked to me that Lilypond was the name of the program and Mudela the name of the language (MUsic DEfinition LAnguage) I did not notice that there had been a change in the naming conventions.

Thanks for your help,

Antonio Palama'