Examples in keys other than C major?

From: John Hagerson
Subject: Examples in keys other than C major?
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:51:16 -0500

#define NEWBIE on

Thank you for the results on the template page http://lilypond.org/stable/input/template/out-www/template.html

However, all of these examples are in the key of C. Could someone please point me to some examples in keys other than C?

I am working with Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreaders on a book that includes “snippets” of music. Some of these snippets demonstrate key issues within the piece (they’re short, but tricky). One problem I’m having is to show one voice playing and a second voice jumping in after a few beats. I’ve tried a number of techniques based on the examples in the documentation and on the web site, but I’m not getting the results I seek.

If I may, I would like to request some “intermediate-level” examples. I know that this is a difficult request because there are many potential features. However, jumping from the available examples to trying to parse the full scores posted on the web is like drinking water from a shot glass or a fire hose.

Thank you very much.

John Hagerson