Re: page break?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: page break?
Date: 29 Jul 2003 10:48:56 -0400

    Mats> It certainly works here, both with 1.6.11 and 1.7.late.
    Mats> I picked a score at random, inserted a \newpage in the
    Mats> \notes{} section and it certainly gives a page break, both
    Mats> when I use ly2dvi and when I include it in a LaTeX wrapper
    Mats> with lilypondfile{}. Of course, you have to remember that
    Mats> the \newpage macro involves a \break and will therefore only
    Mats> work at bar lines.

You're correct; doing it in the middle of a set of notes (and putting
an empty barline in to make sure it's at a bar) does seem to work.

However, I'm putting it at the beginning of a part.  That is, right
now that part is being split between pages, and I'd rather have it all
on one page.  I don't seem to be able to make it work at the beginning
of the part.  I tried putting it at the end of the previous part, and
that didn't work either.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139