.mid Instead of .midi

From: Will Oram
Subject: .mid Instead of .midi
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:06:48 -0500

I've looked through the documentation, but couldn't find an answer to this
question:

I don't have any programs that accept the .midi suffix. QuickTime, various
media players, etc etc are all very anal about not accepting .midi. Thus,
every time I make a Lilypond output, I have to change the suffix to .mid
before opening it in other programs.

Is there a way to automate the output to .mid so I don't have to do this
manually?

Thanks.

MY MAGNETIC POEM (#1010101)