Re: .mid Instead of .midi

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: .mid Instead of .midi
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:23:46 -0700

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:06:48 -0500
Will Oram <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there a way to automate the output to .mid so I don't have to do this
> manually?

I assume that you're on windows, so I can't tell you exactly how to do this,
but I would write a simple script that runs lilypond and then renames the
file.

If you use bash (with cygwin), then I suggest something like this:

-----
#!/bin/sh
ly2dvi $1.ly
mv $1.mid $1.midi
-----

When you run that script, don't include the ".ly" part of your filename.

You'll need to modify that script to make it work on windows, but hopefully
it'll get you started.

Cheers,
- Graham