Re: Joining text?!

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: Re: Joining text?!
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:13:38 -0600

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> > 1) Can this lyrics tie be handled in Lilypond?
>
> If you want Lilypond to handle two syllables like a single one, just
> include them in quotes: "Two words". Then, you have to find some symbol
> that looks like the tie. How about "Two$\frown$words" ?

Thanks.  I've also found the plain underscore, as documented, does a
reasonable job of linking the two words to a note.  I'll try your suggestion
for the visual effect.

This happens a lot in classic vocal, especially in Italian opera.  Is there an
'official' way to request this feature for future development (after the
current 1.8 rush)?