Lyrics Question

From: Nigel Warner
Subject: Lyrics Question
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:10:42 +0100

        Dear All,

        I have a question about Lyrics mode in 1.6.8. I have a pickup bar
        contain a triplet of eighth notes in 3/4 time and want to place a
        syllable at the beginning of the triplet with an extender to the
        first syllable starting at the first note on the second bar. The only
        way I am able to get Lilypond to accept anything that approximates
        what I want is using " " " " My4 as the first bar of the lyric which
        places the syllable on the last beat of the triplet. _2 My4 causes
        Lilypond to complain. I have tried, as far as I understand it,
        redundantly adding partial and time signatures to the Lyrics
        thread but to no avail. I have also tried just the syllable on its
        own but this too fails a bar check. Does anyone know to do this ?

        Regards,

                Nigel.