Re: More on Polish

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: More on Polish
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:29:49 +0200

This one has only ascii in it.  The next thing I tried was using the
LaTeX escape sequences to get the Polish letters:

This seems to be OK for some of them, but lily complains about \k for
ogonek and \.z for a z with a dot over it.  I think these may be
recognized in LaTeX only if T1 encoding is enabled.  How do I get
lilypond to understand them?

It seems they are only defined in the T1 and OT4 font encodings, so
you have to add a \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} or \usepackage[OT4]{fontenc}
which, as described in an earlier mail today, cannot be done in ly2dvi
without extra hacking of the intermediate files.

   /Mats