Re: Lyrics and 1.6.8

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics and 1.6.8
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:16:35 +0200

A small example file would make it easier to understand
exactly what you mean. The easiest solution for your is
probably to use \addlyrics to automatically align the lyrics
to your music. If you really want to specify the duration
manually for each syllable, I have attached a small example
that hopefully solves your question.

  /Mats

Nigel Warner wrote:
        Dear All,

        I have a question about Lyrics mode in 1.6.8. I have a pickup bar
        contain a triplet of eighth notes in 3/4 time and want to place a
        syllable at the beginning of the triplet with an extender to the
        first syllable starting at the first note on the second bar. The only
        way I am able to get Lilypond to accept anything that approximates
        what I want is using " " " " My4 as the first bar of the lyric which
        places the syllable on the last beat of the triplet. _2 My4 causes
        Lilypond to complain. I have tried, as far as I understand it,
        redundantly adding partial and time signatures to the Lyrics
        thread but to no avail. I have also tried just the syllable on its
        own but this too fails a bar check. Does anyone know to do this ?

        Regards,

                Nigel.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing