Re: New website

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: New website
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:51:22 +0200

Agreeing with all the praise that we have seen so far, I also have
a few comments:

- The link to "browse the documentation on-line" at
  http://lilypond.org/web/download/using.html could
  point to something else than a directory list.

- At first, I didn't really get the idea of the navigation system.
  It didn't feel obvious that the top line is the main "menu" and the
  second line is the submenu within the choice made at the top line.
  I don't have any good suggestion on how to improve it, though.

   /Mats

Pedro Kroger wrote:
oh boy, the new website is *so* cool!!

All the new information --- including the excellent "essay on music
engraving and computer notation" and the "crash course" --- is more
than welcome.
I'm wandering if a main item "documentation" in the website menu would
be useful. I don't mind having docs in "introduction" *and* "about",
but it kind of bugs me to have the "user help" under "download". Would
also be nice to have some kind of "site map".

Pedro

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems