Re: Cygwin dll oddness

From: Simon Weatherill
Subject: Re: Cygwin dll oddness
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:25:12 -0400

I just got that as well. You have to use the develpment (I assume) cygwin
(1.5.1-1 instead of 1.3.22-1) - under Base. This is because the cygipc is now at
version 2.01-1 and is supposedly not stable or functional (I forget which) under
1.3.22. Of course, that said, I get Signal 11's from both 1.7.29 & 1.8.0, so it
still doesn't work for me (although it's not the cygwin1.dll problem).

I found some info at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2003-07/msg00064.php. I downloaded
the cygipc-1.14, but not sure how to install it to test it.

Simon