Re: some problems

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: some problems
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:06:39 -0700

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:34:44 +0200
"Simon G. P. Bailey" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > 4) setting the spacing-increment to 2.5 creates two pages of output, yet
> >     no copyright notice can be made to appear, and the tagline appears on
> >     the first page
>
> lilypond has always shown this behaviour since i've been using it. some
> other ppl have mentioned it, and i think there's a work around.

IIRC, here are the rules for printing footers:
1) the last page has tagline.  If the last page is also the first page, then
only
the tagline is printed.
2) the first page has copyright.
3) the pages in the middle get the footer header.

I looked into this a while ago, but didn't find a good solution.  It was getting
messy and nobody else was interested, so I stopped looking at it.

If you know your score (or part) only has one page, you can do this:

\header {tagline="Copyright (c) Graham Percival 2002\\newline
Composed Jan-Feb 2002, edited Aug 2002."}

(ie tagline ="$COPYRIGHT \\newline
$TAGLINE" )

Cheers,
- Graham