Re: Writing a front-end for lilypond

From: Francois Pinard
Subject: Re: Writing a front-end for lilypond
Date: 13 Aug 2003 07:48:21 -0400

[Graham Percival]

> AFAIK, the other "front-ends" (apart from emacs) aren't technically
> front-ends. [...] Being a vi user, I don't know exactly how emacs and
> Lilypond interact, but from what I've heard, that's the only thing
> which does something similar to what you're trying to do.

By the way, Nicolas Sceaux and I are working on a single set of editor
add-ons for LilyPond scores that should work for both Emacs and vim.
The project is currently on hold for a few weeks as we are both under
high pressure at work, but should resume.  For technical reasons, we
expect the Emacs interface to have a few more interesting possibilities
than the vim one.  So far on the road, we got encouraging success.