Re: Cygwin and 1.8

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Cygwin and 1.8
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:28:17 +0200

Nigel Warner writes:

> **) That may be so, but has nothing to do with what /bin/sh is.  Python
> uses /bin/sh as interpreter for system commands, and only bash can
> handle redirection to stdout/stderr
>
>>      removing the ash shell gives me a bad interpreter error which is odd.
>
> That is probably because /bin/sh is gone.  Copy /bin/bash[.exe] to
> /bin/sh[.exe]
>
> OK, that solves that problem. Why I have no idea

Your quoting is messed up, but I explained why here**)

>  but Next! I have:

> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-13-14-v-1", message: "dlopen: Win32 error
> 126"
> ly2dvi: warning: `/usr/bin/lilypond' failed (status 2) (ignored)

Could you try to upgrade your experimental installation again.
libguile12-1.6.4-12 and tetex-bin-2.0.2-12 (with
libkpathsea3-2.0.2-12) should fix this, hopfully.

> My understanding of previous threads is that this message relates to
> a string function entry point being missing in the DLL for
> Guile. However according to the Cygwin installer I have 1.6.4-11
> which should be all right.

Yes, but a week ago we had another ABI change.  These things may break
in the experimental release.

> Prehaps I should skip ahead to the next question which is "Has
> anyone managed to get 1.8 working under the current Cygwin
> experimental distribution *WITHOUT* major brain surgery ?

I'm sorry, the Cygwin ABI changes are a bit of a headache.  As far as
I know, at the end of this week Cygwin will switch to 1.5.x, and I am
quite happy to get some testing done before then.

Jan.