Re: Running Up and Down Scales

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Running Up and Down Scales
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:36:46 +0200

In addition to the previous answer, you may also want to look at
the example music-box.ly at http://lilypond.org/doc/v1.8/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html

  /Mats

Starling wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:33:50 -0700
Starling <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm not certain what you mean by this -- could you provide a scanned image
of the notation you desire?

No, but I might be able to find something online...

Heh.
http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/downloads/firstpage/Korsakov/BumbleePfFirst.pdf

That's a good example, Flight of the Bumble-Bee by Korsakov.  You can
hear the chromatic progression up and down a scale; there's a lot of
repetition.  I was looking for a way to specify a list of the notes
used, and then just indications where to change the direction of the
scale from going up or down.

Starling

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing