Re: spreadsheet and lilypond

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: spreadsheet and lilypond
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:59:26 -0400

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 10:03 pm, Pedro Kroger wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anybody used a spreadsheet to typeset music with lily?

I guess that's what sly is, and although I never stated it that way,
I probably should have.  http://www.openguitar.com
The field separator is a space and a "|".  It's not elegant
at all, and the filter has to be redone, but it works.
How could it not?  It's basically a few lines of gawk.

There are serious other advantages to having separate files
for the notes and the formatting.  Matrix transposition and
prettifying scripts are already done.

I also have a very simple script to read \includes into the
.ly file, for sending bug reports or sharing(?).  It is a bit less
cumbersome when using lilypond-book for a number of short works in
four parts, for example, to proceed in that way.  DaveA

--
...New occasions teach new duties; Time makes ancient good uncouth;
They must upward still, and onward, who would keep abreast of truth;