Handling lyrics correctly for repeated sections

From: Nathan Hurst
Subject: Handling lyrics correctly for repeated sections
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:31:05 +1000

I'm typesetting some choral music which has repeats with different words
each time through the repeat.  Is there a way to put the words
vertically stacked inside the repeats whilst the \lyrics section is a
linear transcription of the words?  (It would be nice to have numbers in
front of the verses too, but I'm not fussed)

I found an old example called coda-kludge, but it has been removed from
more recent versions and it is not clear to me what the correct solution
is.

--
njh