Re: pdf can't be made

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: pdf can't be made
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:52:20 +0200

Warren Stickney writes:

> I'm getting the same
>
> "Running Latex...cannot create/dev/stderr: directory"
>
> error from my downloaded Lily 1.8.0 (cygwin).

Could you try and reinstall, 1.8.1 has been uploaded and should fix
this.

> Comparing my files with those you mention 26 Aug, Mats,
> (albeit that those files were for Heinz Wallisch's 1.6.11 installation)
> the following are missing on mine:

> But possibly Heinz actually received more files than was absolutely
> necessary, or else 1.8.0 needs less?

Cygwin is in a state of transition.  The TEST/Exp release, of which
lilypond-1.8.x is part, should have gone live last weekend, but it
has been delayed.

It seems that the most stable way of installing a package from TEST is
to run setup, install the version in CURR; rerun setup, choose
TEST/Exp, and install the version in TEST.

That way you may get too many packages, but choosing directly from
TEST you may get too few.

Jan.